Saturday, February 04, 2006

upset

I'm a bit upset at kc right now
he was playing in the heat duct while i was gone
and got himself all gray
so, i decided i would attempt to bathe him

now remember
this cat is 7 month old
and i have never bathed him before
but....
he likes to sit on the edge of the tub and watch me
and books that i have read say that cats don't like running water
so,
i figured
he's not bothered by running water, when i bath
and the time he dumped into the tub with me
he just sat there
i had to pick him out, and dry him off
i figured i wouldn't have too bad of a time
i figured he would cooperate fairly nicely
after all, he's my cat, and he's the best cat ever!

so, today, i put abt 2 inches of water in the tub
put a towel down, so he would have something to hang on
picked him up
and put him in
and he stood there for a few sec
and promptly turned around and clawed me
trying to get out
nope, ain't gonna have that
you are getting a bath

talked nicely to him a bit
put him back in the tub, on all fours
and held him there
he's breathing heavily
but stays where i put him
course, he has no choice, I'm holding him there
let one hand loose, pick up the cloth
and he squirms around
and claws me again
in an attempt to crawl up over me and away
oh, no you don't
you are gonna get a bath
(i knew i should have clipped his nails before i started)

i turn him around, hold both front legs with my hand
and hold him semi upright
as i start to wash his belly and back legs
he's squirming
not to badly
i can handle him
i tell him its ok, just gotta get him clean
and doesn't he bend his head
and bite me

KC BIT ME
he drew blood
2 puncture wounds at that

well
i let him go
and he stood at my feet
licking himself

i ran water over my hand
made it bleed

then i got a towel, and towel dried him a bit
he cooperated quite nicely
and cleaned the tub

got my salve, and doctored up my numerous claw marks
and the bite marks
came downstairs and pouted
kc is upstairs still
I'm sure he's pouting too

next time:
i will wear a long sleeved sweat shirt
i will find a pair of cloth gloves
and i might even have someone to wash him
while i hold him down

needless to say
I'm a bit upset at kc
heh
well, here he comes
merow?
so i had to pick him up and give him some lovin'

(no, i am still upset at him!)

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Muhd Imran said...

I know how it felt getting clawed and bit by a cat. KC is one angry "no-shower-for-me" cat!

My whole family loves cats. We had just over a dozen at home when I was a child living in a village.

We took stray kittens home and made them ours. Feeding time was the most interesting when you have a large "family."

Well, you just rekindled good memories that I should write about before my memory fails me.

Have a great week ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home