Saturday, August 02, 2008

unfathomable

my brain can't fathom something this evening
its just beyond me, right now.

i apparently have a fan club
apparently there is this 17 yo mennonite girl (who looks like miranda lambert the country singer) in lack's territory who thinks she knows me
who thinks i'm the cat's meow (my own words there)

here's the story
i was with lack this evening on a call
and their emt started talking about "buffy"
buffy always asks him who the medic is, and if its me
she tells him that she knows me.
and she told him the story how when she went to take her driver's test, this guy there said he was good friends with me, he knows me well. he was an older guy, gray hair, and they had a nice chat regarding me.

well!
woody used to work in the comm center, and he now works for the driver's license photo/testing center. but, he by no means is a "good friend" of mine. and he certainly doesn't know me well. i ran into him there, several month ago, when i went to have my driver's license pic taken, and that's the only reason i knew he worked there. he left the comm center several yrs ago. acquaintance, yes, but wow. just wow.

so now i'm flabbergasted
either he brought up the subject of me, because this girl is a menno girl (and so am i)
or she brought up the subject of me, but good grief, if she goes around talking to me, to every person she meets?
and if he brought up the subject of me, to her, does he do that to every menno girl who comes in?
oh my

i'm not sure i like this

now, she can talk about me with lack's crews all she wants, i don't particularly mind that
cause they are ems, and she is asking about someone in ems, and so there is a connection
but to go talking about me to some random guy she most likely won't ever see again?
where is the connection?

anyways,
i told him to tell her i said hi
he's quite aware that i have no idea who she is.
i tried finding a connection, how does she know me?
no, i don't know her parents, he doesnt think that she or her family were transported by ambulance at any time.
the only thing that i might be able to think of, is he said she goes to the same church as rosina did. rosina was a menno girl who ran with lack's amb for a short period of time. (she went and got married!)

and if woody calls me a good friend, and knows me well? that has got to be her exaggerating what he said. i can't imagine woody saying something like that.

and someone needs to plug the hole in my balloon. i feel like i've been deflated. just how can i be that impressive so as to ...? you'd think i oughta be flying high, so much so that i need my sails trimmed. but i'm not. i'm feeling deflated. how the heck could i be such a role model? and to someone i don't even know? and that i had no idea?

it just blows my mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home