Saturday, March 24, 2007

fire

well, i almost burnt my house down today
think that isnt hte adrenalin rush

i decided to make noodles in ham broth for supper, so i got out the frozen broth and put it in a kettle with a bit of water, and on the burner, and turned the knob to 7
pulled the noodles out of the cupboard, laid them down, turned to the sink and was putting water in a pan for the noodles
and just abt the time that i smelled something burning, i saw a reflection of flames in the window in front of my sink
and i whirled around, then stood there gaping for half a sec

and i instantly knew what i had done,
i had turned on the wrong burner and the noodles were laying on that burner
now what do i do?
the fire is flaming upwards, close to a foot high
and my brain is in high gear, call lwd tell him i need help, call 911 but i dont want the fire company to come because of a stove fire, my phone isnt dead, what do i do?
and as my brain is thinking all those thots, i'm reaching down into my cupboard, and i got my large lid and covered up hte noodles on the burner

and when i lifted the lid, it started flaming up again
so i got hte skillet, opened up the oven door, and used the lid and scraped most of that whole pile of burning noodles and melted plastic into the skillet, then covered up hte burner again with the lid
stood there watching the noodles burn in hte skillet, as i'm holding hte skillet, and i blew out that fire  then put the skillet over in the sink

and turned my attention to the burner again, lifted hte lid, and it starts to flame again, but not nearly as much as before. and since it worked to blow out hte other fire in hte skillet, i blew out the fire on the burner as well.
didnt know i was that windy
pulled the burner out of hte socket
realized there is a huge amt of smoke in my kitchen, so i turned on the ceiling fan, opened up the kitchen door, opened up the deck door, remembered that kc was outside which was a good thing
and sat down and shook
and thanked God for His protection

then i gathered up my courage, and cleaned up the mess
and reached deeper and found a bit more, so i made my noodles and ham broth
only i had to use broken into pieces angel hair spaghetti for my noodles cause i burnt the real noodles

and almost 3 hrs later i told mom and dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home