Friday, January 06, 2006

pride

got some station duties done today
which was quite necessary

performed surgery on my computer too
last night it started running really loud
as if the fan was running constantly
it felt like it was drawing air, tho
and it was really, really slow in loading pages

when i went in to the station, bruce was there
and i asked him abt it
he tells me that he cleaned out his fan, once
there was an inch of dirt, he said.
so he told me how to check it

came home this evening, opened up my laptop
took off the keyboard
took off the other piece in there, and found the fan
hmm, its not dirty
it looked pretty good
but there was this 5 inch hair sticking out of the fan
so, i pulled out the hair
made sure there were no more
and put my computer back together again

and interestingly enough,
my computer sounds better
and it still works!
the pages are loading back at normal speed
i didn't ruin it, by me doing surgery on it
with no one here to back me up and tell me i was doing it right.

i'm all proud of myself!

1 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home