Saturday, January 13, 2007

trust

such a day today
busy busy busy
talked with command 2 times
had 4 calls in 6 hrs time
last time i called up for report, i got yelled at
by swigart
he had the nerve to tell me to go back to jco and stay there were i belong

here's an interesting part of today
yetter left this morning, and took my pager with him, and left his there
and so i was on the phone, and hte comm center pages " ****** call the center"
oops!
i was on the phone so long that yetter got tired of trying to beep me and decided to get my attention the only other way he could!
anyways, so, plans are to meet on the top of the mt, 235 N and switch out pagers at 12 noon
wouldnt you know
11:25, pager goes, (yetter, i'll call you back when i'm avail)
came back off that one, and promptly get sent out on another one
yetter beeps me while i'm on it
i'm on a call, i'll beep you back, i said
so, on the way back from that one, its after 2 00 pm
and i beeped him, well, he just laid his dau down for a nap, lets set it up for 3 30
and at 3 15, the pager went again. hey, i'm on another call, i'll let you know when i'm avail
finally, shortly before 5, i was able to make it up to the top of hte mt to meet him
and he said, just on the other side of the county line there is a pull off
meet me there
well, he failed to tell me that the pulloff is on the other side of the county line, his side
and so, i passed it
and he flashes his head lights at me, abt 500 yards past it
and so we both turn around, and smack on top of the mt, we roll down the windows
and exchange pagers
it almost felt like a rolling stop, it was so quick

thats gotta have been the highlight of my day
dunno what the driver of the car thot, that was behind him

and wouldnt you know, i didnt even make it back to the station, when the tones dropped for the next one
hey, i got to give phenergan!

and i was busy talking myself up today
something i dont do to often
this kid i had never seen before was in central's amb, as part of the crew
and on the way back, he says, "i was freaking out, and you were so calm.
i wanna be a medic. this was my first call, and i think i like this stuff"
so, i laughed
and i told him, well!
you couldnt have had a better medic for your first call
the other crew member was supposed to argue with me
but she didnt
she even told me, "i'd trust you with my life"

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well she knows what I know.your a great medic.Gaelynn

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 2nd that comment.....congrats to you!!!
Missie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home