Tuesday, January 02, 2007

late

December 31, 2006 posting
its new yrs eve, today
wonder what hte new yr will bring?

i'm going to make some baked corn, and take along to the station party this evening
for some reason, i have no desire to stay all night, this yr
i think that my computer will go along with me

43. when i was deciding what to make, i realized that i have corn, i dont have to go to the store for anything in the ingredients listing!
44. my cake turned out ok, too, i was a bit worried, i've never made a cake that so many things were funky

first, i didnt soften the butter
so, i'm trying to cream sugar, shortening and HARD butter
its not working
so, i turn on the burner, put the bowl on the burner to soften the butter, and promptly start to crystallize the sugar
uhhh, DUH!
and then, the milk, is outdated, by abt a wk, sorta smells a bit funny
but i used it
and i've never had cake batter that looked like this did, almost frothy
i put the batter in a large cookie sheet, instead of a 9 x 13 pan
and baked it
then put peanut butter icing on it
it turned out ok, it tastes pretty good, i must say

45. i've got indoor plumbing (can you guess where i'm going to be heading in a few min?)
46. my little neighbor girl brought over a box of 12 peanut butter buckeyes. YUM. (right, reflect?)
47. oh, and for my baked corn? i even have a casserole dish, that i wasnt aware of

that leaves me with 3 more to go, for my challenge
lets hope i get back to my computer before midnight

and later:
48. those peanut butter buckeyes are all gone already, and i only had 2 of them
49. my baked corn was pronounced awesome, this evening.
i didnt tell anyone i had never made baked corn before, so i'm feeling real good
50. lwd makes a mean bbq pork loin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home