Saturday, October 14, 2006

nagging

i was listening to a program this evening
weekend magazine, i think its called
now i dont like dobson, and i switch the station rather than listen to him
but this caught my ear, as i was cycling thru stations,
(trying to get away from it)
some guy was talking
not sure if he was a pastor? or if he was a comedian?
but anyways

he was saying that guys have to be asked several times before they will do something
that asking a guy once to do something, is basically the same as never asking him
he says guys are wired that way
the first request goes in one ear,
does a complete 180, and out the same ear
and its not till several reminders later, that it actually sinks in that he is to do something

and he was quite serious abt it
apparently, according to him, there was a study done abt it
but, i didnt get to hear the rest of hte clip, cause i headed into klines

now, i've always considered asking someone more than once or twice to be nagging
and i hate to be a nag
and so i shut up
and then fume because i end up having to do it myself

so guys
what say you?
do you do something around the house the first time you are asked?
what constitutes nagging?

5 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Muhd Imran said...

Yes. I believe that guy on the radio was right.

We guys need several reminders to get things done. My wife will vouch for it about me and my son.

Asking several times is not nagging. Nagging is when you start to continue complaining after the reminder. In this case reminders.

Strange, but true. We are wired this way unfortunately.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird...I hadn't thought of it as a "guy thing" before. The description fits me to a T.

Imran, you're right - nagging is when you start to continue complaining after the reminders.

I actually encourage people to remind me about what they want me to do. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the logic behind that. They're often afraid of nagging me.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger ry said...

"Nagging is when you start to continue complaining after the reminder."

sooo
reminder says, will you do this for me?
nagging says, oh, you never do anythign for me, i asked you to do this a long time ago, and you still havent done it, why dont you ever do anything for me?

fair analysis?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy, I can vouch for this nagging..it even hits the male gender in the younger ages also...lol

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last one is from Missie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home