Tuesday, November 29, 2005

water

well, it definately rained today
there's no doubt abt that
coming home, drove thru 3 water ponds on the road that almost sent me and my car spinning
and when i got home, i could hear the creek
loud and noisy, angry, reminds me of the description in the Laura Ingalls books of the time she fell into the creek
so, i put my groceries inside the house, pick up kc and a flashlight and we go for a walk. the creek is above its banks, and theres water halfways to my house, i'm walking in squishy grass, and my feet are getting wet. lwd is standing on his bridge, with a flashlight. he said the water had gone down a bit. kc doesnt like the noisy water, he's squirming, trying to get out of my arms. next time, he will stay in the house, or i will have a leash on him.
and i checked my basement, i think that i need to invest in a sump pump. theres water leaking into it, but no depth.
just before i came upstairs, i checked the creek again, and it does seem to be lower, at least i cant see it, like i could earlier when i shone the light on it. at least i wont need to take kc and go hide at the station tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home