Thursday, November 16, 2006

heritage

i was reminded again this evening of how grateful i am for my heritage
we were all together for my 6 yr old niece's bday party
i was sitting in the living room with my bros and my dad
and mom, b, j, and hte kids were out in the kitchen
i was listening to the boys talk abt this farmette that j is thinking of buying
of the potential to timber the woodland
well, i was semi listening, semi off in my own little world

and i hear the little girls start to sing
jesus loves me
away in a manger

and my mind went to this video clip that i had seen in a blog somewhere, several month ago
(i went looking for it this evening and couldnt find it)
the clip was posted, with consternation as to what this world is coming to
without going into too much detail, the clip was a homemade clip
with adults laughing in the background, and from chest down were visible
(no adult faces)
there were 2 little kids, a boy and a girl, couldnt have been more than 4 or 6
and they were vividly simulating sex acts while hte adults were pointing and laughing
i couldnt watch the whole clip

contrast that with my nieces singing jesus loves me
and playing with dolls
i am so thankful for my heritage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home