Thursday, December 01, 2005

king

i suppose i should thank french and carter for talking me into taking one of those kittens. was thinking tonight of the first night kc was with me. he was just a tiny little thing when i got him
here is a pic of him

i brought him home, after stopping at walmart, and getting kitty litter, cat food, kitty treats, food and water dishes, and a bed (which he never uses, cause he uses mine). i put him on the floor, i sat down on the floor too, and he circled me. and he wouldn't come close. finally, he came close enough to eat one of the treats. and then after bit, he came a bit closer, and didn't jerk and run when i petted him. and then, he started to purr. awww :) maybe we will get along just fine :)

when i was ready for bed, i left him in the kitty room, put him in his little bed, and tried to barricade the door with a few boxes. after all, he wasnt going to sleep with me on my bed, thats just wrong. i came up, took my shower, crawled into bed, was online for a bit, and then shut everything down, and curled up, and was almost asleep.

and i hear this little mewing at the top of my steps
and into my room
how did that baby kitty know where to find me?
so, i picked him up, talked to him a bit, and didnt have the heart to take him downstairs, so i put him at the foot end of my bed.

and now, he sleeps right next to my head
if i don't watch it, he'll take over my pillow
he curls up in a ball as close to me as he can
he drapes himself over my arms
he lays on top of my back, when i am typing
he curls in a ball, almost inside out, his belly is facing up
he has to have what i am eating, i am a meanie if i don't give him some
he has become the king of my house

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Every cat perserveres until they are king or queen of their domain. They do not know any other life.
Here from the FFMB.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

We got two kittens for Christmas 2 years ago. They are litter mates so have been together all their lives. We got them because we live in an old farmhouse in the country and mice like to try to live with us in the winter months. They have us curled around their paw. When it came to making friends or having animals (so many people have allergies) we choose animals. They are always glad to see us, they never complain, they love to snuggle, and they never tell your secrets!
Welcome from the band! Kathy

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger ry said...

thanks for stopping by, barbara and kathy :) i hope you enjoyed your stay

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. He is such a tiny wee thing. He needs your nearness like a mommy.

I come via Carol's Friendly Fridays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home